Laser and Energy Devices for the SkinCollege of Medical Aesthetics provides online instruction before you attend the clinical portion of your training. This ensures that you have a complete understanding of laser theory. This new approach to short courses ensures that you will be able to focus on your technical skills while incorporating your theory knowledge.
On completion of this 2 day workshop, the student will be able to
- Distinguish mechanisms of action using lasers, and Intense Pulse Light (IPL)
- Determine patient skin type
- Compare and contrast the types of lasers most commonly used in aesthetics
- Patient expectations and benefits associated with treatments
- Describe patient contraindications
- Demonstrate proper techniques for application and operation of lasers and IPL's
- Describe laser safety, compliant with ANSI Z136.3-2005
- Describe nursing responsibilities during laser/IPL treatment
Attendees receive course online study material in advance. This allows each student to study and prepare for each course; early preparation allows each student more hands on training. Upon arrival at the course, each student will be given consent forms that are apply to the specific procedure. The CMA student clinic has been providing aesthetic procedures to the public since 2006. The student clinic gives students the opportunity to gain hands on knowledge while interacting with patients on a professional level. The CMA campus is a full educational facility with a student library, student classroom with state of art visual equipment, and student lounge. The CMA campus is located at 111 West Ocean Blvd. Suite 400, Long Beach, CA 90802 .
Certification of Training upon completion 16 Contact Hours (CE's)The California Board of Nursing # 14438 approves College of Medical Aesthetics CEU educational activity
Cancellation PolicyPlease note: All cancellations must be received in writing via mail or fax transmission. Cancellation Policy must be strictly enforced since workshops require a great deal of planning and preparation.
- Upon receipt of study, materials there will be a non-refundable fee of $800.00. A refund will be given, less an $800.00 fee, if cancelled at least 14 days prior to the start of the workshop. Any cancellations after this time will not qualify for a refund; however, the tuition may be used toward a future workshop upon approval of the admission department and availability
- Since a minimum number of registrants are necessary for each course and we do not meet this minimum, or for any other reason beyond our control, the course is cancelled or postponed, registration fee will be refunded in full. Please note College of Medical Aesthetics is not responsible for deposits to hotels, non-refundable airline tickets or fees associated with necessary travel cost or changes.
It is the responsibility of every licensed medical professional to know and follow their own State guidelines and regulations relating to their area of practice. CMA does not take responsibility nor provides legal advice to students regarding state laws. Each attendee should direct questions pertaining to their practice to their state Regulatory Board.