Dermal Fillers and Volume Enhancers
College of Medical Aesthetics provides study material via email before you attend the clinical portion of your training; in addition, you must purchase 1 book. A Practical Guide to Dermal Filler Procedures, Small MD FAAFP, Rebecca (Books may be purchased online). The study material and reading assignments will ensure that you have a complete understanding of laser theory before attending clinical skills lab. This new approach to short courses is designed to incorporate your technical skills and theory knowledge.
On completion of this one-day workshop, the student will be able to:
- Understand the anatomy of the face as it relates to placement of dermal fillers and volume enhancers
- Explain the similarities and differences between the different hyaluronic acid products in the US market
- Understand the treatment considerations when performing a dermal filler and volume enhancement procedure
- Identify the adverse events that can occur from a dermal fillers and volume enhancement procedure
- Demonstrate proper documentation
It is the responsibility of every licensed medical professional to know and follow their own State guidelines and regulations relating to their area of practice. CMA does not take responsibility nor provides legal advice to students regarding state laws. Each attendee should direct questions pertaining to their practice to their state Regulatory Board.