Julia is the President/CEO of Medical Aesthetic Training of California, Inc.Julia Pettis,B.S.H.S. has earned her undergraduate B.S.H.S from Trident University she is currently working on her MS and MBA while maintaining a full time position as Dean of the College of Medical Aesthetics. Julia is the founder of Medical Aesthetic Training of California which started as a continuing education program in 2006 offering aesthetic training. In 2009 Ms. Pettis re-created a certification program in the field of Aesthetic Dermatology Nursing and later changed the name of the institution to the College of Medical Aesthetics. CMA primary goal is to create the first Dermatology nursing school in the USA, this will become the main focus in 2015.
She has been published in several nursing magazines “The New faces of Nursing: Cosmetic Procedures Open Career Paths,” Working World, March 13, 2006
“Credentialing of Aesthetic Nurses,” Aesthetic Guide Magazine, November/ December 2010 January 2011
Professional Organizations & Affiliations:
- Member, American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Member, Society of Clinical Research Associates
- Co-Authored Textbook: Medical Aesthetic Practice (2012)
The International Society of Oncology Esthetics
A nurse for over 25 years and an expert in laser-based medical systems for more than 18 years, Beth Ulbrich performs and supervises state-of-the-art photorejuvenation and laser hair removal procedures on the face and body, along with microdermabrasion and laser varicose vein treatment.
Beth Ulbrich, RN
Her diversity of experience includes setting up the Laser Program at Torrance Memorial Medical Center, more than a decade in the operating room, and supervising a non-profit mission medical clinic in Mexico.
An expert in teaching and performing cosmetic laser procedures internationally, Beth was for seven years a Clinical Applications Specialist at Lumenis (formerly ESC/Sharplan), the company that manufactures the IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) VascuLight and Photoderm, as well as various laser systems.
Beth is proficient in VascuLight, Quantum Series, EpiLight, Ultra Pulse, Lyra, EsteLux, Light Sheer, CO2, Nd:YAG and Er:YAG, H-R Force, MedFlash II, and Orion. She is also well versed in the most advanced techniques and products for optimum skincare, from microdermabrasion and the use of "injectables" such as Botox and Collagen, to tattoo removal with laser or tattoo reversal using the "Rejuvi" technique.
Continuing to travel, Beth teaches doctors and nurses the art and science of using lasers and the IPL systems at in-house seminars and in doctors' offices.
Stacey’s objective is to utilize her nurse practitioner skills to provide quality healthcare to adults in an outpatient setting. Provide medical treatments to help improve skin and lessen signs of aging. Promote healthy lifestyles through counseling and education.
Stacey Stephens Ross
- 1999 Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Adult/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner Program
California State University, Long Beach
- 1986 Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Oklahoma Baptist University, Shawnee, OK
Stacey Ross earned her Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) at Oklahoma Baptist University in 1986. In 1999 she was awarded her Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) at California State University , Long Beach. She is a member of the dermatology Nursing Association. Her experience includes work in the Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Room, Home Health, and as a Nurse Educator. As a dermatology Nurse Practitioner for the last 10 years, she is an expert in the science and art of dermal fillers and neurotoxins and has trained and taught many injectors. She was co-owner of a med-spa in San Diego and understands the business of medical cosmetic services as well as the demand to deliver high customer satisfaction. One of her goals is to create satisfied clients, whether they are students attending MATC or a cosmetic client in a medical office. She remains in private practice as well as serving as faculty for MATC.
Formal Presentations/ Classes Partial List
- 2009 Speakers Bureau for Allergan Cosmetic: Juvederm
- 2004 Making Sense of Anti-Aging Treatments. Kaiser Permanente Wellness Program. Kearny Mesa, San Diego.
Shana Scott, RN,BSN
Shana Scott, RN,BSN, has been a Registered Nurse for seventeen years. I am currently working at the Endovascular Suite of Association of South Bay Surgeons. I work closely with four amazing vascular surgeons where I was given the opportunity to be proctored and perform Sclerotherapy. I have been doing Sclerotherapy for two years. I am also responsible for coordinating RN staffing as well as pre, intra, and post procedure patient care. I recently joined the College of Medical Aesthetics as faculty instructor for Sclerotherapy where I provide didactic and clinical training of Sclerotherapy.
Louise F. Timmer, Ed.,D.,R.N.
- Doctorate of Education, University of San Francisco, Department of Education, San Francisco, California.
- Master of Science Degree, 1973, Major in Maternal Child Nursing, The Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C.
- Diploma, University of Southern California Medical Center, Los Angeles, California.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Major in Sociology/Social Work, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN.
Skilled professional possessing extensive expertise in academic administration. Consistently successful in introducing academically sound degree and certificate programs, strategic marketing, operational plans, student services to increase enrollment, and enhancing the students academic experience and strengthen competitive market position. Offering strong leadership, communication and student and institutional advocacy skills.
Policy & Procedure Development:
- Managed budget of 5M+; participated in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives and short-and long-range planning.
- Coordinated the financial/fiscal operations of the organization to include the development and administration of annual academic budget.
- Developed and implemented projects and programs to assist.
- Working knowledge and management of instruction, registration and records, academic advising, transfer and articulation, tutoring, student retention, disability services, scheduling, classroom renovation, global and international programs, library, museum archives, planning, and academic support and learning services.
- Effective Administrator with knowledge of budgeting, and relationship building.
Evaluated various universities in the United States, Puerto Rico and Europe for accreditation/reaccreditation endeavors.
- MBA, Business Administration
California State University, Los Angeles June 1980
- MBA, Marketing
Punjabi University, Punjab, India June 1978
- Bachelor of Science, Biology
Delhi University, Delhi, India June 1975
- Presented and hosted numerous seminars in various California cities including: Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Ventura County, and Santa Barbara.
- Presented the following lectures to various business and industry groups in United States, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, and India:
“Global Trends and Their Implications”
“Leadership in Cross-Cultural Context”
“Business Education in U.S.”
“The Role of Pacific Rim in International Trade”
“The Importance of NAFTA”
“Doing Business in Thailand”
“Doing Business with Americans”
Roman Lal MD
Dr. Roman Lal is a physician partner at Cenegenics in Beverly Hills. He completed his residency at Phoenix Baptist Hospital in Arizona, and then directly went into the field of Age management medicine by furthering his training at the Cenegenics Medical Institute in Las Vegas.. During his residency, he was a diabetic educator, presenting weekly lectures centered on medication management and diet control. He also was the first resident in the program history to publish independent of faculty and present at the statewide Academic Excellence Day. He became trained/certified in age management medicine, then joined the global leader in the field, Cenegenics Medical Institute. Community-minded, Dr. Lal also has provided healthcare to indigent and under-served Latino population. He is passionate about responsible hormone balancing, and much to his wife's chagrin, he actually enjoys working long hours in his field of practice. Outside of medicine, although he enjoys travelling and cooking, his most insane guilty pleasure is chocolate - especially with peanut butter.
Monica Doherty RN,MSN,FNP-CFamily Nurse Practitioner
Monica received her BSN from the University of Detroit Mercy in 2002. Her experience as an RN included labor and delivery, medical surgical nursing, as well as teaching experience. She went on to receive her MSN from California Sate University, Long Beach in 2009. Since then, she has been practicing as a family nurse practitioner. She enjoys educating patients in preventative medicine and holistic health. Anti-aging medicine has become an area of important focus for Monica. Her current passion is in bio identical hormone replacement for the female, Botox Cosmetic, chemical peels, and nutrition, overall women’s health with a holistic approach.
Kathy Dale-Edwall, RN
Kathy Dale-Edwall received her Registered Nurse Diploma from Merritt Hospital School of Nursing in 1977. After practicing in multiple specialties as an RN for over thirty years, Kathy enrolled and attended in 2012 the College of Medical Aesthetics nursing dermatology program. Kathy is currently pursing her BSN, MSN and DNP with the intention of specializing in dermatology. Kathy is returning to the College of Medical Aesthetics 2014 as a faculty member.